Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Nutrition and exercise

...haven't been extremely high on my priority list lately. It's either been school, work, coping, or laying around in bed mostly. Oddly enough, that is much better than a few months ago. I'm still trying to work on my self image. There are many nights where it feels easier to order a pizza or get a candy bar to deal with all the stress and frustration that has been going on. I want to make a change before my body gets too wasted. It hit me like a ton of bricks to learn that my BMI is in the obese category. You can calculate yours by converting your weight to kg and dividing it by your height in meters squared. 25-30 is overweight. Over 30 is obese. Many of the leisurely activities that have been fun in the past aren't doing much for me now, like reading or playing video games. Changing eating habits and exercising more are obviously the key ingredients to making things better, but it seems like my depression gets in the way.

Over the break I purchased a couple Frisbees and a hacky sack. Used them about four times since Spring quarter began. Most people don't seem to be that interested in hanging out with me lately. I guess I can't blame them, I've been doing a lot of things I'm not all that proud of... There have been a couple of days where all I eat are cookies and junk food.

Maybe I can find a way to get the bike fixed up so I ride it over the summer. If that doesn't work I'll try to start jogging again. Hell, I will start tomorrow. It doesn't do any good to wait for others to come and make things better for you. I'm learning how to be more self-motivated.

0 comments:

 
Copyright © 2010 Mister Silento's Assortment of Etcetera. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by